Career education is focused on not only providing information but also on supporting and providing opportunities for students to grow their capabilities in managing their own career development. Career development activities need to help young people understand how multiple factors influence career decisions. At Mercedes College we are committed to offering students the opportunity to participate in a variety of career development programs that provide students with learning activities designed to help them reach their unique career potential. The Australian Blueprint for Career Development has been used to develop appropriate activities. A number of formal activities form part of the current career development program at the College. These include:
- Year 12 Mentors’ Breakfast
- Year 11/12 Guest Speaker program
- Career Counselling Interviews
- Year 10 Course selection interviews
- Year 10 programs
- Workplace learning
- Australian Qualifications Framework – nationally recognised VET qualifications with Certificate course in Creative Industries (Media), Information, Digital Media and Technology, Applied Fashion Design & Technology, Business, Tourism and Sport & Recreation.
- Opportunities also exist for students to attend Central Institute of Technology one day a week to undertake certificates in Beauty Therapy, Child Care, Drafting, Electro Technology, Financial Services, Health, Legal Studies, Mining, Surveying, Teacher Assistant, Tourism & Events.
For more information, please click HERE.