Parents & Friends
The Mercedes College Parents' & Friends' (P & F) Association is blessed to have a dynamic group of parents who bring with them an enthusiastic community spirit.
- Strive to develop a sense of community with parents, teachers and students, which reflects our College values;
- Work closely with the school, and in particular with the school Principal, to achieve common goals;
- Ensure that a high level of social and educational interaction exists between home and school, parents and teachers;
- Endeavour to have all parents enjoy the exciting experience of their daughter’s formal school years by active participation and personal involvement in the school programs;
- Provide a healthy forum for ideas and discussion on any relevant issue that will benefit the education of our young women;
- Assist in planning and organising functions associated with the social, sporting, cultural and education life of the school community;
- Work to provide additional resources which are considered of benefit to the student body or to assist the teachers in their professional work.
The Mercedes College P & F Associations meets in the College Staffroom every second Tuesday of the month at 6.30pm (except school holidays). They provide parents with a forum to raise any issues and to discuss planned social and fundraising activities. Parents are also welcome to contact a member of the committee to put forward their ideas. Committee members are elected at the AGM in February each year.
Some of the events organised and/or sponsored by the P & F are:
- Annual Open Day
- Bi-annual Fete
- Weekend camps for mothers/daughters and fathers/daughters, which provide a wonderful opportunity for new students and families to bond
- Quiz Night
- Spring in the Valley
- Footy Tipping Competition
- Homeroom Link social activities
- Parent Forums on issues relevant to girls' education
If you would like more information or would like to be a part of this dynamic group of parents, please contact Jackie Stacey at parents and friends.
The Parents and Friends' Association is an important part of the Mercedes college structure and is a valuable instrument in the important Church Apostolate of Education.
Parents and Friends Committee
2013 Footy Tipping Competition