Parents & Friends
The Mercedes College Parents' & Friends' (P & F) Association has a dynamic group of parents who bring with them an enthusiastic community spirit.
- Strive to develop a sense of community with parents, teachers and students, which reflects our College values;
- Work closely with the school, and in particular with the school Principal, to achieve common goals;
- Ensure that a high level of social and educational interaction exists between home and school, parents and teachers;
- Endeavour to have all parents enjoy the exciting experience of their daughter’s formal school years by active participation and personal involvement in the school programs;
- Provide a healthy forum for ideas and discussion on any relevant issue that will benefit the education of our young women;
- Assist in planning and organising functions associated with the social, sporting, cultural and education life of the school community;
- Work to provide additional resources which are considered of benefit to the student body or to assist the teachers in their professional work.
The group meets in the College Staffroom once a semester providing parents with a forum to raise issues and to discuss social and fundraising activities. Committee members are elected at the AGM in February each year.
Some of the events organised and/or sponsored by the P & F are:
- Bi-annual Fete
- Mother/daughter and Father/daughter camps
- Quiz Night
- Spring in the Valley
- Footy Tipping Competition
- Homeroom Link social activities
- Parent Forums on issues relevant to girls' education
If you would like more information or would like to be a part of this dynamic group of parents, please contact parents and friends.
Parents and Friends Committee